Sunday 14 November 2010

I'm having a few tears this morning listening to Abide With Me on Good Morning Sunday. It's Rememberance Sunday, and a good day to give gratitude for so many things. I ring my lovely Mum to see how she is (she's not been at all well this week) and she is doing so well and we share her friend's brilliant idea of making Christmas easier for her.

I'm nearly in the middle of Nanowrimo, the National Novel Writing Month that has so many of us writing like crazy to achieve the goal of 50,000 words. I'm really pleased with getting so far and though words are lagging a little, it's so worthwhile keeping going to learn so much. It's keeping me on track with other tasks in life (college asisgnments, Christmas and cooking to name but a few). I've discovered my best times for writing are very first and very last thing. There is flexibility in the order of writing, whatever pops in to be attended to are the words that flow, whether they come in the middle or at the end.

Today the characters tell me they're not speaking nearly enough with each other, so it will be very interesting to see what else they share. This process is an unravelling, expansive world all of it's own, that comes through the hands, but is not of me somehow. After going to a mind mapping workshop this week, is it the great sub-conscious speaking? And just how much of that do we share with others?

Going now to catch up on those 600 words owed from yesterday, to look after the lovely chocolate labrador who is not well either and to give thanks for so much richness in every area of my life and remembering those who have given so much to care for us all.
Happy, gratitutde filled Sunday,
Love Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment